Wandering in search of......

Friday, March 23, 2007

WWOOFin Away











Hello all, so Im on chill mode these days, just workin at this caravan park doin odds and ends for some really cool people. This is the WWOOFing that I was talking about. The jobs are fairly easy (choppin wood, general maintainence) easy enough stuff. They let me stay in there caravan that they rent out, its a cool set up, works well. The park is very quiet, there a few people that come and go for a night or two, sometimes younger folk but mainly the older crowd. There are however three French kids backpacking and WWOOFing as well. So they stay in tents and use their van. They nice and we do dinners together here and there but they work alot, I've noticed that there are lot of Euro backpackers doing a working holiday type thing! They work in restaurants in Apollo Bay, which is where I am staying, about 3K from the center of town. My place is litterally twenty steps from the beach! I surf everyday in the afternoon and its soooo fun to play in the ocean! I've missed it living in Antarctica and Colorado! Surfing is very hard it kicks your butt! For the most part its safe as long as you dont let the board smack you but fortunately i have not had that happen to me yet, knock on wood! This place reminds me of Northern California, the highway that Apollo Bay is on is HWY 1 so stands to reason that it very much looks like HWY 1 in Nor Cal. A bit more tropical though, and its a lot warmer water! Overall, I've been really relaxing, reading my book (Hullucinating Foucallt),very good book and just kicking back on the beach making good camp dinners and enjoying the company of the nice hosts! The time to leave is one week so I have a bit more before the next stop, which is Canberra for two nights for a concert(Gomez) then off to Brisbane where I rent a car and go to Byron Bay for lots o' music! So for now time to keep chillin! Enjoy the pics of this place, Skenes Creek! Till the next time! Love ya'll

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home