Wandering in search of......

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Sweatin my booty off!















































































Well well, I completely forgot how hot it is here in Thailand! Im drippin sweat so much I could give a bottle a day to a thirsty child in Africa! Im having soooo much fun though, so it ok to be totally and absolutely sweating at all moments of day and night! I was in Bangkok for a couple of days it was cool, I was able to see a couple of sights that i did not last year but all i was really thinking was of the crazy rocks i was about to go and climb!! I went back to Ton Sai beach like I did last year and once again I fell more in love with the place!! I will probably have to say that at this point this is my favorite place in the world for chilling out and doing some type of activity at the same time!! I think I will be making a pilgramage to this place as many times as I can during my life, its just too good! The rocks have treated me well no bumps or bruises yet! I have done lead climbing the whole time, which means that I have climbed up the rock clipping into bolts with the rope trailing me instead of a rope already up so I can climb up easier and safer. I know mother that you do not want to read this but I love it tooooooo much! I really have excelled in my climbing and feel very comfortable getting upside down and being inverted!! Haha, anyway that is what I have been doing since I left Australia, I just came over to Phi Phi, which is an island off of Ton Sai beach. It's actually where the movie the Beach was fimed! Actually its kinda the impetus for me to really want to come to Thailand years ago when the film came out! I mean I always wanted to come and eat all this good Thai food and see elephants and see the Budhist culture but that was the thing that really had pushed me over the top! So for now I've just been hanging out at the beach for the last few days with Kevin, my travel bro. And we picked up a fellow traveler from England, she quite lovely and we hit it off right off the bat! All is well here in Paradise! We went cliff jumping yesterday and jumped off 30,45, and 65-70 foot cliffs!! Once again mom do not read this! But all is safe and sound! We also went snorkelling after that and saw all the damage that the Tsunami had done underwater! This island actually got pounded by it so it is very interesting to see the rebuilding process! The Thai's seem to be doing a good job at getting it back to normal, they have pictures everywhere hanging up in shops so you can see what happened and also pics of before shots so you can see what it was like before! Anyhoo, gonna stay here a bit more then back to Ton Sai for a couple more days of climbing and then off to Hanoi, Vietnam!!! So that should be great! I have a local contact, which makes it all the more exciting! All right folks till the next time! Pics are of Ton Sai climbing, Kevin my travel bro and monkeys that stole our stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home